Don't Forget to Bring It!
THINGS TO BRING
We're not kidding when we say we're remote. We don't have a restaurant, snack-bar or store and while there's a great all-purpose general store, Redwood Mercantile, only a few miles away, the closest big supermarket is almost an hour roundtrip. So here's what we suggest you bring:
- the amount of beverages you think you'll drink - x 2
- bug repellant & calamine lotion
- swim suits
- water shoes
- beach towels and toys
- inflatable rafts
- sun umbrellas
- your favorite kitchen knife
- herbs and spices
- coffee, tea, sugar and half & half
- stuff for s'mores
- popsicles and ice-cream
- paper towels, napkins, foil, plastic wrap and baggies
- musical instruments
- lightweight coolers (our beach is close but not when you're carrying a massive ice chest)
- dog food if you're bringing a pooch
- layers - it can get chilly at night
Questions Folks Ask Us
Is Big Bend Lodge right for me?
If you love long peaceful days and old-fashioned fun and don't mind mismatched linens, funny collections of tableware and furniture that shows the patina of age (and water-pressure that sometimes has cranky days), we think you'll be happy with us.
What do you mean by a "well-behaved dog?"
We ask that you clean up after your dog and keep it with you at all times so you can monitor its needs and behavior. Of course, no barking at night, no aggression towards people or other dogs and please, no peeing on the furniture.
Do I really need to leave the cabin and grounds clean?
Yes, please. We're a very small operation (and a labor of love). In order for us to keep our rates as low as possible, and also focus our attention on the happiness of our guests, we need all guests to clean prior to departure.